Time to hang up those boots.........


I was busy in a casual conversation with my friends in the college cafeteria the other day waiting for the next class. And somehow I felt weird about something. I must tell you it never happened to me before. How would you feel if you suddenly walk into your very own house filled with a crowd of people and most of them you don't know and neither are they aware of your existence. You will feel like a complete stranger in your own house, won't you? That day I had a similar experience in the cafeteria and when I conveyed my feelings to one of my best friends he replied with an air of gloom, "Dude it is a reminder that these are your last days in college". It was then did I realise that the moment has finally come to hang up our boots. Its time to go home. Folks it might be to many of you a yet another valedictory note but honestly my heart weeps as I write this. I had never imagined that it would be so hard at least for me who has seldom allowed oneself to be subdued by emotions.
Four years has been a metamorphosis. In a nutshell, I have rediscovered myself. And to me that's an achievement more than anything else. I think I now know what I want and also what I don't want. The college degree is just a milestone in the arduous journey that lies ahead and as the great American Poet Robert Frost puts it

" And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

Comments

Manish Jain said…
We have to move ...and Life goes on....

Popular Posts